DRAW SOMETHING TODAY CONTEST!
I think it'd be fun to try draw at least one object every day and I think a fun way to kickstart my own drawing habit is to kickstart yours. Here's the deal:
- Draw something this week - Jan 5-11. Draw one thing or lots of things or draw one thing lots of times or several different things over time - you're the master of your own ship.
- Post these photos to your Instagram. Tag them @iluvdomestica or #drawdraw.
- If you don't have Instagram, post them to your Twitter and mention @iluvdomestica
- If you don't tweet, post them to your FB and tag me, @domesticadsm
Domestica will re-post as many drawings as possible with links back to you.
Of course, all drawings are awesome, but, at the end of the week, we'll try to narrow down some semi-finalists in THE CONTEST! What's that? It's the part of the drawing fun thing where you win prizes! It goes like this:
For the rest of January, we'll collect your drawings. Every week, we'll pick some standouts to go head-to-head against each other in the finals. At the end of January - on Jan 31st to be exact:
- ONE person will win 100 4x6" postcards made from their drawings*. 25 of those cards will be given to the artist up front. The other 75 will be sold at Domestica with 50% of the profit going to the artist - that's a possible $75-112 - not too shabby.
- TWO people will win $25 gift cards good at Domestica in-store and online
- THREE people will win our choice of one set of Field Notes notebooks (a 3-pack)
* All art remains the property of its creator. We can't guarantee a postcard sell-out, so we can't guarantee profit. As with anything we sell, we'll promote your work. As with any consignment arrangement, your own promotion work will help your final profit. Remaining postcards will be given to the artist at Domestica's discretion. Drawing contest open to everyone everywhere, however, physical prizes (postcards, Field Notes) can only be awarded in the US - sorry.